Friday, October 22, 2010

Long Live the King

I know I do a lot of writing about restaurants, but I love to eat.

Arguably, the greatest 'bang for your buck' spot in Bowling Green can be found at King Buffet.  King is an Asian cuisine eatery and is known for their King's combo.  For $5.99 you can pick five items from a list and a canned drink, fried rice is included.  Although there is a lack of polite customer service, it's hard to deny their affordability and flavor. 

It's the quintessential take out spot.  If it was up to BGSU senior David Clark he'd eat Kings at least four days a week.  "I've been eating Kings since I got up here.  I love the fact that I can eat multiple times throughout the day from one take out order," Clark said. 

The buffet isn't that great because they focus more on cost efficiency than the customer.  They don't refill the empty food pans that often, but participants in a smorgasbord don't do too much complaining.  Less than 30 seconds down the road is Old Time Buffett.  Although I never ate at Old Time Buffett I heard they have a great spread.

All in all, King rightfully deserves a spot on the city's top 10 busiest business list.  One way they could improve their business is by showing some customer appreciation.  Punch out cards for frequent customers or occasional discounts would prove beneficial for them.  Also, they should keep a better eye on those slick college students in there packing a little extra for later though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment