Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thoughts for Grounds

Grounds for thought may be my favorite business in Bowling Green.  The name of the store alone sets the mood before you even walk in.
Coffee, pastries, comic books and records all do their part towards stimulating your mind.  The subsequent formulation of ground breaking ideas is expected.  Every time I come here I feel like I am in Seattle.  And I’ve never even been to Seattle.  The wooden décor provides an Earth tone color scheme that creates a much better ambiance than Jerome.
Although different elements add to the atmosphere, books are the seminal piece.  A wide variety of reading material ranging from children’s books to critically acclaimed novels occupies the shelves.  But if you don’t want to read, there is usually some people playing chess or scrabble.  It’s a family affair.
All jokes aside, it’s more intimate than Borders.   And it is much cozier than Nobles and Barnes.  If you need a change in your studying venue, I suggest you come here.
P.S.:   Order a Coffee Amore with whip cream.
Pictured above are the friendly folks who'll make your drinks etc.  I didn't get their names sooo, let's call them Gertrude and Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment